July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday to Mommy!

It's my first "mom birthday", as my friend said to me the other day.  Oh wow, what does that even mean?  Well, I guess for me it means having a guaranteed 2 birthday fans for the day!  It was a hot one on July 25, so we went over to a friend's pool for the day and Stella experienced her first swim - yay!  We just might have to invest in some little swimmer diapers, but in the meantime we just let the diaper get incredibly full of water!!  


That night, we had a backyard barbecue with some friends and family.  I had a lot of fun decorating our yard with fun lights, paper lanterns and pretty fabric.



Troy took me on a birthday surprise the next day...I love the adventures that he plans!  It started with a ferry ride to Vashon Island.  My only complaint: the ferry ride is too quick.  There's so much beauty to take in, but by the time you start to enjoy it....you're there.  Oh well, at least we had the ride home, too.


For those of you who don't know, my husband is an incredible poet.  He surprised me with a beautiful poem called The Sound.  I don't know how he does it, but the poems are always perfectly themed to the day and have incredible metaphors about how he sees me!  My reaction is always predictable: surprised, wooed, teary, followed by a huge smile and request for him to read it again because they're THAT good!


Lunch at Snap Dragon, a vegetarian restaurant and rustic bakery.  It was totally my love language - yummy food, beautiful building, outdoor seating, and local art.


A visit to a park on the beach.  Stella got hungry, so she had her first waterfront dining experience...note the Boppy to my side.



Beautiful sunset on the way back home.

Thank you, Stella and Troy for a wonderful "mom birthday"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment