June 04, 2012

one year later




Today we celebrate what God has done for us and reflect on where we've been.

One year ago today we welcomed our son, Moses Myles Bass, into the world for just a few minutes and then he went to be with Jesus in Heaven.  

June 4, 2011
Three weeks after we got to meet Moses I wrote this journal entry:

The more I find that I don't understand or have control of, the more I trust the One who does.  
It's been three weeks since we went to the hospital.  As I sit here on the couch in our apartment I can hardly believe that happened.  In less than 24 hours so many things changed.  They were flipped upside down.  Our plans, our hopes, our dreams were rapidly tangled and then disappeared before we really had a chance to breathe.  

So here I am...breathing.  Praise God.  I am alive and He is good.  

What's come of all this?  I am a woman of faith.  Always have been since the day I agreed with Christ over my life.  I can hardly help it really; I just believe God.  So, when He says He is good, I believe Him.  So when my dreams are out there before Him, they are in full color and three-dimensional.  Sometimes I wish I could tame my faith for the sake of being more comfortable, but it just doesn't happen that way.  God is alive in me, He is real, and I trust Him - fully.  I trust God more today than I ever have.  He is trustworthy.  I remember thinking that I was really learning that when I was in Kona, HI, hearing Heide Baker speak.  I guess I was learning that, but have continued to learn/see that to an upgraded degree of leaning into Him.  What in the world?!  I've entered a place that I never imagined (or believed) I would go.  Losing a baby.....I didn't want to be this woman.  I fought hard against fear of this reality, and told God I wouldn't even entertain this thought.  And now, here I am, in my own reality.  I have a son that I gave birth to three weeks ago and he is now in the loving care of God Almighty in heaven.  I am a mom.  My beautiful Moses.  He is my son and now lives in heaven where I will one day see him face to face in the presence of our King.  Oh what a thought, what a longing.

Today, one year later, we live with our precious daughter, Stella Mae Bass, who is a living miracle.

She was born on March 16, 2012 at 10:42am.  I had to be induced early due to an early and extreme onset of preeclampsia.  Stella was 31 weeks, 6 days gestation and came out 3 pounds, 14 ounces.  You can see a slideshow of photos from that day here, by Katy Leet Photography.

Stella's cry was music to our ears!
March 16, 2012
We know that Stella and Moses will get to hug one day, but we know that Stella wouldn't be here with us if Moses hadn't gone to be with Jesus...

We praise God for His perfect plan, though we don't pretend to understand it.  



1 comment:

  1. Praise God for beauty from ashes.
    Thank you for sharing your story so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete